Frequently Asked Questions
THERE ARE TOO MANY RULES. WHAT'S THE TL;DR?
- RLG Fantasy is like fantasy sports, but for Rocket League
- Sign up here
- Pick 6 players, within the salary limit
- When they score goals and stuff in RLCS, you get Points
- If you want to compete against friends create a League and have them join
- Each week you can swap out up to 2 players
- At the end of the RLCS Season, if you have the most Points, you win!
WHAT IS RLG FANTASY LEAGUE?
Join RLG Fantasy, select 6 players, collect points, and compete against others.
HOW DO I PLAY?
Signing up for RLG Fantasy is easy!
- Create an account here
- Fill in the form
- Click Register Account
- Wait for the email from RLG
- Click the link in the email
- Log in!
Be sure to come back each week to transfer out inactive players, and set your players’ positions!
Are there !rewards?
Absolutely. We’re giving out Credits for managers that finish in the top 3:
- 1st Place: 9000 Credits
- 2nd Place: 6000 Credits
- 3rd Place: 3000 Credits
Winners will be reached out to via email when the season concludes.
WHICH PARTS OF THE RLCS DOES THIS COVER?
RLG Fantasy League covers all of RLCS Season 9 League Play (NA, EU, OCE, SAM). It does not cover Regional Championships, World Championships, or the Promotion Tournament.
Note: In Season 9, the first week of OCE occurs before Fantasy officially begins and will unfortunately not be counted.
HOW DOES SCORING WORK?
Managers earn earn points each week for the games that their players plays. Points are awarded as shown here:
- Score: 1 per Score
- Goals: 50 per Goal*
- Assists: 25 per Assist*
- Saves: 25 per Save*
- Shots: 15 per Shot
* Players in the Attacker position earn double points for their goals. Players in the Midfielder position earn double points for their assists. Players in the Defender position double points for their saves.
Example: Squishymuffinz gets 340 Score, with 2 goals, 2 saves, and 3 shots as a Forward in a game. His points for that game would be (340 + (2*50*2) + (2*25) + (3*15) = 635.
Once the points for all games a player has in a series are determined the points are divided by the number of games that player played.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A PLAYER PLAYS IN TWO DIFFERENT SERIES IN A WEEK?
When a player plays two series in a week, the player earns points equal to the average of each series that they play in that week. Points from the 1st series are NOT added to the points of the 2nd series.
For instance, if a player plays twice in a week, and have 540 points in the first, then 480 in the second, their points for the week will be 510.
WHY ARE POINTS DIVIDED BY THE NUMBER OF GAMES PLAYED?
Since RLCS uses best of 5 series, not all teams play the same number of games in a season. Points are divided by number of games so that players that 3-0 their opponents are not punished in Fantasy for playing well.
WHAT HAPPENS IF ONE OF MY PLAYERS DOESN’T PLAY?
If one of your players does not play, any points earned by their substitute will be counted. If a team is forced to forfeit a match, 0 points are earned.
WHAT ARE TRANSFERS?
Transfers can be used to switch players from their current roster with other, available players within their salary cap. Each week, managers will have two transfers.
HOW DO I CHANGE MY ROSTER?
To add a player:
- Click the My Team tab
- Find the player you want to add on the player list on the left
- Click the “+” Add button for that player
- Select a player to drop by clicking the 'Transfer' on their player card.
Note that the total value of your roster can not exceed $10,000.
To change a player’s position:
- Click the My Team tab
- Find the player you want to change the position of
- Drag the coloured position bar from that player onto the position bar of a player you want to switch positions with.
How Do I Cancel a Transfer?
Hey, we get it, mistakes happen. Luckily for you, if you have regrets about the transfers you made between weeks, you can undo them. To do so:
- Click on My Team (you may need to refresh the page if you’re already there)
- Underneath your team name on the right, click “Revert All”
This will undo all transfers made so far this week.
WHAT ARE LEAGUES?
By default, RLG Fantasy League lets you compare your team to every other managers’ team. It’s nice to know how you’re doing against everyone else, but what if you have a cadre of friends, and want to compete only against them.
That’s what Leagues are for.
HOW DO I JOIN A LEAGUE?
To join a League, you must have received a link to that league from the League Commissioner:
- Follow the link provided
- If the League is public, click Join League
- If the League is set as Private, enter the League’s Passcode and click Apply to Join
HOW DO I CREATE A LEAGUE?
To create a League:
- Click the My Leagues tab
- Click Create New League
- Fill in the form (see “What League options do I have?”, below)
- Click Create League
HOW DO I INVITE PEOPLE TO MY LEAGUE?
To invite Managers to your League:
- Click the My Leagues tab
- Click the League you want to invite someone to
- Copy the Invite Users link
- Send the link to the people you want to invite
If your League is set to Private, also send the league’s passcode.
HOW DO I ACCEPT APPLICATIONS TO JOIN MY PRIVATE LEAGUE?
Once a manager has applied to join your League they are NOT automatically added to it. To Accept an Application:
- Click on either the Pending Applications tab OR click your name at the top-right and select Applications
- Click Accept next to the manager you want to accept
If a manager is not accepted, they will be DROPPED from the League when the season starts.
WHAT LEAGUE OPTIONS DO I HAVE?
Standard leagues are much like the global leaderboards, just on a far smaller scale. Groups can come together and are ranked purely based on the total score of their players. Whoever's players score the most points over the season wins!
Head To Head
Unlike standard leagues, Head to Head leagues have fixtures. Fixtures will be generated for the league at the beginning of the season. Each week you'll face off against another team in the league.
When you face off against another team in the league, you compete based on seven different statistical categories:
- Shooting Percentage
* Players in the Attacker position earn double for their goals. Players in the Midfielder position earn double for their assists. Players in the Defender position double for their saves.
Add up the amounts earned by all six of your players for each category and compare that to the number earned by opponent's players in that same category. For each category you win you earn a League Point. If your team can beat your opponent in all seven categories, you earn seven League Points. If there is a tie in a category, both managers earn a League Point. If teams are tied in League Points, regular Points (aka the ones used in Standard Leagues) are used to break ties.
The Team with the most League Points at the end of the season wins!
Example: Retals gets an average Score of 540.2 as an Attacker, with an average 321.4 Points, 0.80 Goals, 0.33 Assists, 1.20 Saves, and 2.40 Shots (for a 33.3% Shooting percentage) in his games in Week 1. Since he is an Attacker, his Goals are doubled (to 1.60). If Retals' Goals, when combined with your other five players beats your opponent's six players goals, you earn the League Point for Goals. Repeat this for Points, Score, Assists, etc... to determine who wins each category for the week.
If a player plays in more than one series in a week, their results for each category is calculated by adding the total number (of Goals, for instance), and dividing that by the number of total games they played. Note that this deviates in two ways:
- For Points, the average results for each series is averaged to determine the final number.
- For Shooting percentage, the sum of all players' goals is divided by the sum of all players' shots to determine the final percentage
In the event your H2H league has an uneven number of teams, the space will be filled by a team picked by members of the Rocket League Garage team.
HOW WERE PLAYER SALARIES DETERMINED?
Players’ salaries are determined primarily through performance in the previous Season’s League play. A modifier is applied for players coming from RLRS, as the quality of opponents they faced last season is not as high as they will face in RLCS. These salaries were also modified based on feedback from an expert panel of Rocket League insiders.
HOW DO YOU GET YOUR DATA?
Our data is very kindly provided by Octane.gg.
WHO BUILT THE RLG FANTASY LEAGUE?
The RLG Fantasy League was originally founded by QuestFerret, vicegold, with support from DMRawlings, CloudFuel and Slokh, for which we are immensely grateful. In 2019, OnlyRay7 joined the team to help with development.